The success of the Bethany Hill Place model is our focus on work skills as well as foundational and life skills. Our goal is to enable residents to attain greater self sufficiency and independence within the context of each individual’s ability. We require involvement in education and/or training as a condition of residency. Our small staff offers meaningful in-house programming and support to enable residents to meet this requirement.
Bethany Hill Place (BHP) forges a partnership with each resident, by asking each to work with staff to explore, set and work toward individualized educational goals.
Empowerment, responsibility and community are guiding values in building a better life for oneself and one’s family. We offer:
- Workshops on life skills, financial literacy, wellness and job preparation
- The Parent Café – a forum for parenting support & education
- Individual college & career counseling
- Tutoring on GED, ESOL, & basic skills
- Scholarship program
- Computer instruction and open access in on-site computer lab
- Community garden
- Youth programs (summer camp, Read to Daisy the Dog, Awesome Kids Club, 1:1 tutoring)
- Social and recreational activities that build community
- New Beginnings (Case management and advocacy for HIV/AIDS)
- Scattered Site Homelessness Prevention Program